Monday, October 25, 2010

Curling Farms


Well Miss Ella decided that she wanted to start this Monday at 5:20am!!!  My wonderful hubby dragged himself jumped out of bed to entertain the bean so I could catch a few more Zzzzz's.  I soon relieved him and now both of my loves are sleeping peacefully.  Back in April Josh and I grew a green thumb.  I planted an herb garden and hubby built me a planter box for some veggies...

 
-Chives-Rosemary-Lavender-Oregano-Basil-

-Lettuce-Cucumbers-Eggplant-

The herb garden did excellent and we used a lot of them for cooking!  I had big plans for the veggies but unfortunately they did not cooperate.  I can't decide if it was the veggies or their farmer.  So after choking down bitter lettuce and never seeing an inch of growth from the cucumbers I decided that I will just stick with the herbs and buy my produce elsewhere :(  
BUT WAIT!!!  The crop season was not a complete waste because yesterday I picked my first blue ribbon eggplant!!!!

-Haha!  I should have sliced it up for dinner last night!-



1 comment:

  1. That would have made some killer eggplant parm! What a waste!

    ReplyDelete