Thursday, October 14, 2010

So easy even Devyn can do it!


           I try to be am domestic and all that housewife stuff so I am always looking for new recipes online and last night I stumbled upon a bread recipe that sounded so simple that I was immediately convinced that even I could actually make/bake it!  So at 8:30 this morning Ella and I put on our aprons and got to work.  When you see the pictures I am sure I won't knead to tell you how delicious it turned out.

Step 1
Mix 2 cups of water, 1-2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. yeast
and let it sit for about 10-15 mins. so that the yeast can do its magic.


Step 2
Add 5 cups of flour, 2 tsp. salt, 1-2 tbsp. butter and then mix all together and knead (adding flour to work the dough as needed), then place the dough ball in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth for a few hours.


Step 3
Once it has risen to the top of the bowl punch it back down (once again adding flour as needed).  Then separate the dough into two greased bread pans ( I only had one so I used a round cake pan and it worked just fine).  Cover and let the dough sit and rise in the pans.  After they have risen to the top of the bread pans bake at 350' for 35-40 mins.

BEFORE

AFTER


I enjoyed my slice with some delicious apple butter from Ashley Miller Baker's wedding :)




2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely yummy...just keep baking them and bring me some! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Isn't the smell of freshly baked bread wonderful? I'm so glad you are enjoying the applebutter.

    ReplyDelete