Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"I have a project"

So I received an email from my mom yesterday with the subject title "project".  If you know us then you know we are always doing some sort of craft.  Well she was surfing the web and came across hanging mason jar lanterns on Martha Stewart (watch the video on the lower right).  All you need for this project is any type of glass jar with a lip, 20 gauge wire, and wire cutters.  Well I jetted off to Taylor's (a local hardware store) and bought the wire while my mom pulled out the mason jars hiding in the dusty corner of her cabinet.  I will fully admit that about 5 minutes into the job we almost threw away the wire and smashed the mason jars, but after a few trial and error attempts we finally produced this...
~Before~

~After~

You can use a tea light candle or even fill it with sand and use a medium candle stick.  I also think that it would look pretty filled a few flowers.


What is a fun and easy craft that you have done lately???

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if that was the easiest project....once you figured it out - yours were better than Martha's. I will just let you do the rest of my jar hangers....I need 10 more please. What's our next project gonna be???

    ReplyDelete