Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's for dinner...



I love to cook but  hate trying to decide what to cook...
I have been craving some good pasta so last night I made Chicken Carbonara and Creme Brulee with fresh raspberries for dinner.  Boy was it delicious!
Below is the recipe, I kindof just winged it, so you may have to taste while cooking :)

Chicken Carbonara
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream ( I added a little more for extra sauce)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese ( may have to add more)
1/2 cup chopped red or white onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
1 clove chopped garlic
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 slices of bacon
1 large or 2 small cooked chicken breast cut into strips ( I used Tyson's precooked grilled chicken strips)
your pasta of choice ( I just used regular spaghetti noodles)
salt and pepper for taste

Cook bacon, chop in pieces, and set aside.  While pasta is cooking begin making the sauce.  In a skillet sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic.  Once softened add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, chicken, bacon, salt & pepper.  Let simmer for about 5 minutes and then serve over pasta.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product, I was too busy feeding my face :)

Since we both forgot that Valentine's Day was Monday ( we were still on island time) I decided to make the hubby a special little surprise.  Creme Brulee is the hubby's favorite dessert and I used to make it from scratch a lot but with an active toddler that loves to "help" it is a little hard to do these days so I had to improvise.  .  Harris Teeter sells a boxed Creme Brulee and it does not disappoint!  All you need is 1c. milk and 1c. heavy whipping cream, it even comes with the sugar.  Buy a pack of fresh raspberries or blueberries and you are set.

Hubby is the "Creme Brulee torch master"


Enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look and sound delicious! I might totally be making the pasta tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! That's Tim's favorite too! Must be a family thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making the chicken tonight. Hope it turns out good! :]

    ReplyDelete