Friday, February 4, 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane...


Well maybe not a jet, but definitely leaving on a plane to Costa Rica tomorrow morning!
Can you believe this is all we are taking for a WHOLE week?  
I am usually the over-packer... I pack for snow, rain, and sun... just in case.  So I think I made Josh proud!
Since the weather is suppose to be over 85' the whole time, we really didn't need much.  Just some cover-ups, bathing suits, tank-tops, sundresses, and flip flops!  I also plan on having beach hair so I didn't pack my entire vanity.  
I've had extreme a little anxiety over flying with Ella, I just don't want to have "that kid" on the plane.  So I packed her own little backpack with her own books, snacks, and toys.  I also downloaded her favorite Veggie Tales songs and movies on the iPad, I am sure passengers would rather hear Bob and Larry rather than a screaming kid :)  
Another highly recommended tip that I got was to take a child backpack harness (the little lamb attached to her backpack) so that they can walk freely in the airport and you have the peace of mind knowing that they are safe, no matter how you may feel about the whole leash thing (I was one of those, "I will never leash my kid!") but now I choose safety over appearance.

So say a little prayer for safe travels and I will be back, hopefully with a tan, in a week :)
Adios!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great trip and good luck with Ella on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourselves!!! Bring back some tan for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh have sooo much fun. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to get your email that Ella was a good patron on the plane. She is gonna love to travel like her "my dad"! I am ready for you all to come home now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said the same thing about "the leash" but we caved about two months ago and that thing is a lifesaver!! :-)

    ReplyDelete