Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY jewelry organizer

I met my mom for lunch yesterday and once again we decided that we needed a "craft" to do.  It had to be something quick and easy because we now have two little ones to entertain.  I had seen a cork board jewelry organizer on pinterest and thought that would be fun to make, so off to Home Depot to pick out our spray paint and then WalMart to buy the cork board and push pins.  My mom used an old frame and I used an old gold mirror.



I chose Ivory in a gloss finish and wooden push pins for a vintage look.  I also glued twine down the edges and adorned the corners with some twine swirls.  It now hangs in my closet displaying all my earrings and a couple of necklaces.  The hubby even thought it was quite impressive, calling it, "a piece of art". HaHa!



I also had an old frame lying around and decided to spray paint it the same ivory and the matting lime green.  I then popped in a piece of the cork board and added some push pins and now I have a cute note board for the office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment